Saturday, August 23, 2014

Miralces in the Making: Grant Recipient Stacey Aragon

Learn a little bit about Stacey! 

She is a 36 year old living in Michigan.  She was first diagnosed with colon cancer when she was 28 and was re-diagnosed with Stage 3 in May 2013. She also has a history of anemia and health problems related to that. Due to her health issues, she is unable to work.


Here is a sweet letter from Stacey...

"Last Spring, it was confirmed that my colon cancer had returned.  I was rushed to get a blood transfusion, shortly after which I had medi-port placement surgery in my chest.  Within the mere days that followed, I also started chemotherapy at the local cancer center, and continuous pump infusions at home.  I had too many doctors appointments to count.  And, I spent most of my time in-between treatments recovering from chemo and its side-effects.  I was far too weak and in way too much pain to be able to work, and my husband couldn't find a potential employer willing to work around my medical schedule. 


We were already in debt from my original diagnosis.  So, it has become an even greater challenge just getting by day-to-day.  We've had to borrow more money and use more credit, to eat, pay bills, fuel our car, cover insurance, and so on.  But, after an especially rough few months, we weren't sure how we were going to be able to afford groceries or car insurance after the bills were paid.  It was going to take a miracle to pull us through, and then ~ the miraculous happened!  Meredith's Miracles Colon Cancer Foundation called me to let us know that I would be receiving a grant, which would help us pay for one month of rent and utilities plus two months of car insurance...something that, we'll be forever grateful for.  Thank you for granting us a miracle, helping us pull through, and reminding us why it's so important not to give up hope <3
-Stacey A."






No comments:

Post a Comment