Monday, June 3, 2013

Miracles in the Making: Grant Recipient Ashley Reed

Ashley Reed is one of our recent grant recipients. Ashley is a beautiful young woman who was recently diagnosed with colon cancer at the age of 29. You can read more about Ashley's story and receive updates at: Ashley's Caring Bridge

Ashley recently blogged about MMCCF. Here is what she wrote about us:



"Meredith's Miracles is a foundation that provides miracles in the form of financial support to colon and rectal cancer patients under the age of 40.  I became aware of the foundation from my friends at work, Mike and Tony.  They introduced me to the organization and recommended I fill out the application to see if I qualify.  I filled it out a couple of weeks ago and got a call Monday night letting me know that the organization has decided to grant us a miracle.  They are going to pay our July mortgage payment and send me a $200 gas gift card to cover my trips to and from treatments/doc appointments.  I was so overwhelmed with gratitude when I got the voicemail that I burst into tears.  Their generosity is going to enable us to pay off one of my medical bills completely.  Meredith's Miracles is truly a great organization that helps raise awareness of the disease.  They have a golf outing each spring in Cincinnati to help raise funds to grant miracles to people across the nation."


Thank you, Ashley for the kind words, but we are honored and thrilled to help you in your fight against colon cancer!! Please keep Ashley and her family in your prayers and check out her CaringBridge site to support and follow her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment